Where: Cruise to Paradise from The Landing in Renton
When: November 13, 2011 at 10:00 am. Departing The Landing at 10:30 am
Why: To enjoy a cruise with fellow European car enthusiasts and to support PAWS. It is FREE entrance to the National park that day. Paradise has some of the best trails and views around Rainier
Who: All European car enthusiasts
This will be the 1st Annual Cruise to Paradise brought to you by BPCDubs. The charity we are raising donations for is PAWS.
Where to meet:
The Landing – Target
1215 North Landing Way
Renton, WA 98057
We will meet in the far right corner of the Target parking lot. The second picture shows the location where no cars are parked. Remember we plan to leave by 10:30am.
- Please have a full tank of gas upon arriving at The Landing
- Please make sure you have used the restroom; we won't stop until we get to Paradise
- Please bring a copy of the map and directions so that you are familiar with the route in case you are separated.
- Please always feel free to ask questions.
Route from The Landing to Paradise, leaving at 11:00am:
Once we arrive at Paradise we will have the opportunity to take pictures, hang out, and enjoy the awesome PNW European car enthusiast community! There are plenty of activities or sites to see while there. This site will give you plenty of ideas of the opportunities that await: CLICK.
The route that we currently have planned is 94.6 miles each way from The Landing to Paradise.
This year we have decided raise donations for PAWS. PAWS is a wonderful local charity and they provide help and assistance to domestic and wild animals.
PAWS is located in Lynnwood and their mission statement is: PAWS, a champion for animals—rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife, sheltering and adopting homeless cats and dogs, and educating people to make a better world for animals and people.
You can read all about their charity at their Official Site.
PAWS suggested donation items:
- – Monetary donations
- – Canned cat and dog food (Nutro, Science Diet and Wellness brands).
- – Dry food for cats (Costco’s Kirkland, Nutro Max, Science Diet and Sensible Choice brands).
- – Canned kitten food (Precise and Wellness) and dry food (Royal Canin Baby Cat).
- – EVO canned and dry foods (turkey and chicken formulas for cats and kittens) for wildlife patients.
- – Powdered and dried egg whites (available at Super Supplements).
- – High quality dog biscuits and hot dogs for dog training.
- – Dog leashes (six-foot, medium width, non-retractable nylon only).
- – To keep cats busy and healthy, laser pointers, catnip balls, and PetSafe SlimCat Cat Food Dispensers.
- – Mentally stimulating dog toys, including Puzzle Cube®, Kongs®, and the Kong® Wobbler Treat Dispenser.
- – Medium and large sized Nylabones®.
- – Cat litter (unscented, non-clumping only).
- – Hilarious pet costumes.
- – Advantage® topical flea treatment for both cats and dogs.
- – Frontline Plus® for dogs.
- – Small electrical space heaters and heat lamps.
- – Realistic, life size cat and dog stuffed animals.
- – Mini voice recorder (for animal sounds).
- – Digital photo frames and memory cards to display pets available for adoption.
- – Portable CD players.
- – Rubber boots in womens size 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- – Garden hose reels and water hoses.
- – Shallow plastic kiddie pools for water-loving wildlife.
- – Gift cards to home improvement, animal supply, craft, office supply and grocery stores, Super Supplements, Bothell Feed Store, Costco, and gas stations.
Now that all of the fun informational stuff has been addressed, the serious stuff needs to be discussed.
**SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY!!!**
This is without a doubt our #1 concern.
We all will be driving as a group, and as a group, we all represent the European car enthusiast community. No one is to do any burnouts, illegal lane changes, or any passing on the shoulder. Everyone needs to keep their speed under control and make sure that they are not following cars in front of them too closely, whether they are with our group or not. SAFETY is paramount; do not drive like an idiot! Please do not make us have to call the police on any vehicles that are not driving in a safe manner.
Please make sure that you are allowing other vehicles that are not part of our cruise to merge onto the highway. You don’t need to worry about being separated from the rest of the group. It is extremely unsafe to do this and we are not in a race to get to our destination, it’s called a cruise for a reason. Drive respectfully, safely, and courteously to everyone around you.
This thread will be modified as we make updates or clarifications.
Stay tuned for more BPCDubs cruises and events in the future.
We hope to see you there!